Carbon offsets are a practical and effective way to reduce the effects of climate change by funding renewable energy, forestry, or clean water projects. These projects reduce emissions of carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases in order to compensate for emissions made elsewhere, like the emissions created from ordering something online. EcoCart calculates the emissions created from your online orders and donates the exact dollar amount required to reduce those emissions directly to these projects on your behalf.
With your help, we’re finding projects that are truly additive (meaning new), permanent, and without unintended consequences (i.e. creating more carbon elsewhere, like a game of Whack-a-Mole). All of our projects are independently certified to internationally recognized standards.
Every project we fund is triple-verified. Triple-verification means:
1. The project’s financials, management team, project site, and carbon reduction method are carefully vetted.
2. One of the world’s major carbon standards reviews the project.
3. Global Offset Research verifies the project against a second list of international standards.
Yes! You can either:
1. Empower your customers to make their orders carbon neutral.
2. Offset carbon emissions on your customers’ behalf, making all your products carbon neutral. Even for just a day.
A $0.15 transaction fee is included in the Eco Shipping Cost. There is no cost to you, the business owner – the app is free, and we do not charge for Eco Shipping calculations.
If you choose to pay for offsets on behalf of your customers, you’ll be making a bigger impact and we’ll offer a reduced fee of $0.03 per transaction.
We calculate the carbon offset costs of each order and fund carefully selected projects – you don’t have to lift a finger.
We offer an industry low fee structure and full transparency into which projects we fund, why we chose them, and what their specific impact is.
Our robust algorithm calculates the exact carbon emissions from both manufacturing and shipping each order by looking at variables such as raw materials, manufacturing process, product weight, shipping distance, and more.
No cost. Set up in a couple of minutes.