Last updated: 11/01/2022
Information Collection – Information Provided by You
While using the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Such Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your email address and the username and password created if you register on the Website. We collect such information directly from you when you provide it to us. This includes information that you provide by filling out forms on the Website, such as information provided at the time of registering on the Website or requesting further services or information from us. This also includes records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
If you use the Software, we may collect Personal Information about you, such as your mailing address, or information that is about you but does not individually identify you, such as your zip code. We collect such information directly from you when you provide it to us or from our B2B Customers when you provide such information to them. This includes information that you provide by filling out forms when using the Software, such as information provided to request services from us or from our B2B customers.
Information Collection – Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment and browsing actions and patterns. This may include information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Website (“Log Data”), such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, location data, the pages of the Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other usage statistics.
The technology we use for this automatic data collection on the Website may include cookies. Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and placed on the hard drive of your computer. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The help feature on most browsers provides information on how to accept cookies, how to disable cookies or how to receive notifications when receiving a new cookie. Please note, however, that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of the Website.
We may also use automatic data collection technology to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (also known as behavioral tracking). Currently, the automatic data collection technology used on the Website does not respond to “Do Not Track” settings and similar mechanisms.
In addition, we may use third-party services, such as Google Analytics, that collect, monitor and analyze usage data on the Website. We may also use remarketing services (or behavioral advertising services) to advertise EcoCart’s services to you on third-party websites after you have visited the Website. As discussed further below, these third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
When your customer selects to donate to carbon offset projects through EcoCart within your store, we may send them an email to provide information on the project they donated to. This is only for the sake of transparency. We will NEVER distribute or sell customer email addresses to third parties.
Use of Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you or your end customers, provide to us, including any Personal Information, for the following:
- To provide, enhance, improve and develop the Website, the Software, future EcoCart products, and their respective content and services;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us. For example, if you request additional information by providing your email address, we will use such email address to send the requested information;
- To provide our B2B Customers with information or services in connection with the Software. For example, if you use the Software on a B2B Customer’s website to apply renewable energy credits to such B2B Customer’s shipment of products to you, we will use your provided zip code to calculate the amount of renewable energy credits needed to cover such shipment;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To provide end customers with updates about their carbon offset donations;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information;
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems, and to prevent potentially unsafe, prohibited or illegal activities;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide such information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or that you or our B2B Customers provide to us as follows:
- To our affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, consultants, agents and other third parties which we use to support our business, provide the Website, the Software and their respective content and services, or to assist us in analyzing how the Website or the Software is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of EcoCart’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceedings, in which Personal Information held by EcoCart about the Website’s or Software’s users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide such information;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- For any purpose with your consent.
- To respond to legal requirements, including to comply with any court order, law or legal process and to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, trust and safety or technical issues; or
- To protect the rights, property or safety of EcoCart, the Website’s or the Software’s users, any third parties or the public in general.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you have registered and created a user account on the Website, you can review and change your Personal Information by logging into your account.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We are unable to guarantee the absolute security of your information or that your information or private communications will always remain private. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information at any time. Any transmission of information is at your own risk, and we are not responsible for the circumvention of any security measures implemented on the Website or within the Software.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Information provided through your creation and use of an account (if any) is protected by a password for your privacy and security, and you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. It is important that you prevent unauthorized access to your account and information by using a unique, secure and protected password and limiting access to your password.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access the Website or utilize the Software. In particular, neither the Website nor the Software is intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide any information on the Website or via the Software or otherwise provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information.